This is a salaried position and requires 7 hours per week, which is flexible and can be worked at your convenience.
There are 10 Parish Council meetings a year, which all take place in the Hunsdon Village Hall, the rest of the time is working from home.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Carole Page: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07825011975
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- The clerk has an overview of the village on a day to day basis, ensuring the playing field, Dell, Allotments are in good order. Dealing with general maintenance of these areas.
- The Clerk is the Proper Officer of the Council and is responsible for ensuring that the instructions of the Council in connection with its function as a Local Authority are carried out. You are accountable to the Council for the effective management of all its resources.
- The Clerk is responsible for all financial records of the Council and the careful administration of its finances. To monitor and balance the Council’s accounts and prepare records for audit purposes and VAT. To receive and report on invoices for goods and services to be paid by the Council and to ensure such payments are met.
- To prepare agendas for meetings of the Council and its committees; to attend such meetings and prepare Minutes for approval. To issue notices and prepare agendas and minutes for the Parish Meeting to attend the assemblies of the Parish Meeting and to implement the decisions made at the assemblies that are agreed by the Council.
- Receive correspondence and documents on behalf of the Council and to answer any questions or direct to the correct agency for answer. To issue correspondence as a result of the instructions of, or the known policy of the Council.